The Rescue Diver course is aimed at the diver who wants to acquire what are considered to be
the most important skills in recreational diving.
The Rescue Diver is a diver who is able to assist their fellow divers and is able to cope with
emergency situations in diving, and beyond.
In addition to academic and in-water sessions, the students will become proficient in First Aid
and CPR for injured divers.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to identify and asses emergency situations
while diving, assist themselves in an emergency (self-rescue), assist a panicked diver without
incurring harm to themselves, rescue an unconscious diver, perform CPR and administer oxygen.
- Emergencies during diving – classroom session.
- Self-rescue – practical drills.
- CPR – practical drills.
- Administering oxygen – practical drills.
- Assisting a panicked diver – practical drills.
- Rescuing an unconscious diver – practical drills.
- Missing diver – classroom session and practical drills.
Certified as a Two Star diver or equivalent.
For further reading see the excellent article “Help” by Liron Tirosh (in Hebrew).